The beer industry is a leading job creator and economic powerhouse. The Beer Serves America study from 2020 concluded the industry supports more than 2 million American jobs and contributes more than $330 billion to the U.S. economy.
Unfortunately, the beer industry has seen a dramatic decline both in jobs and sales due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19’s Impact on the U.S. Beer Industry in 2020 was:
- The U.S. lost more than 568,000 jobs supported by the beer industry
- Nearly $20 billion drop in retail beer sales
Find out how the beer industry in your state has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Jobs Lost
- Wages Lost
- Economic Output Decrease
- Sales Decline
Any tax increases on the beer industry would result in additional job losses for brewers, beer importers, and the millions of Americans whose livelihoods depend on the industry.
- Press Release: Beer Institute Praises U.S. Congress and President Trump for Extending COVID Relief to Millions of Americans
- Conservative and liberals agree: Keeping excise tax rates low for brewers and beer importers makes sense
- Beer Institute position on the federal excise tax
- Beer Institute Poll: Americans Want Congress to Make Tax Relief Permanent for Brewers and Importers, Examine Aluminum Market
The Beer Institute
440 First Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
© 2020 Beer Institute :: Legal