Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Applewood Smoked Bacon
Image of Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Applewood Smoked Bacon taken for the Beer Institute. Recipe was created by Chef Laurent Aubel.
- 4 slices applewood smoked bacon cut in ¼ inch strip
- 1 butternut squash peeled and chopped ½ inch cubes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup lager
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl combine butternut squash, bacon, and Brussels sprouts.
In a smaller bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, shallots, agave, sherry vinegar, and beer.
Pour liquid over vegetables and toss until they are covered. Season with salt and black pepper and then spread vegetables evenly on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
Roast in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.